Fark.com is…well, I will let them describe themselves.
The first thing you should know is that Fark.com isn’t a Weblog. Fark.com, the Web site, is a news aggregator and an edited social networking news site. Every day Fark receives 2,000 or so news submissions from its readership, from which we hand-pick the funny and weird notable news — and not-news — of the day.
Fark takes actual news stories and creates a witty link title and posts them on the site. I am a FAN of the people or person that comes up with these link titles. Some are as funny as you can be in 10 words or less. Here are some samples:
- Virus leaked social security numbers of unemployed, offering identity thieves chance to get turned down for credit
- Jason Giambi hits three home runs and becomes second-oldest player to hit three home runs in one game in MLB history. Best use of wood by a middle-aged man since Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Gene fights cancer, but also causes cancer. What the hell is your problem, Gene?
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn granted $1 million bail and will be confined to home detention. No word yet on whether he will have maid service
- Carnival worker falls to his death from Ferris wheel. If you can guess how much he weighs, you win a teddy bear
- FBI recovers stolen rare Ferrari F50, kept it for an “ongoing investigation” then took it for a “short ride” and wrecked it. Now they refuse to pay for damages. Ta Da
- Fox News takes a fair and balanced look at whether freedom-loving ‘mericans should be forced to send untold billions of Freedom Dollars to mooslem ter’rist countries
- Some people write extensive resumes, and some people write this
I hope this makes your day a little better.
I give you this:
This guy “Buzz Eric Lightyear” (aka Dumbass) paid $330,000 American dollars for a cyber space station. HELLO EVERYONE OUT THERE…It isn’t real. It is a cyber-property in a game called Planet Calypso that encourages people to exchange real money for things in the game. This guy is going to host “hunts” and tax people who shop and visit the things on his space station in hopes to recoup his $330,000 investment. OMFG!!! Why do those with an extra $330k blow it on CYBER SPACE STATIONS and those like me who actually need it will never see $330k all in one bundle.
Fuck, I need a nap.
As I was heading to work today my mind was deciding on what topic I should write about today. Honestly, I was not feeling overly creative, until inspiration struck. There, at a convenience store ATM, was the spark I needed to choose a topic. (See above) It was a print out that made me realize something about the state of most American’s lives…as well as America as a whole. Credit card abuse is a pandemic that effects the USA. Poor education and brilliant marketing are at the root of the problem. Let’s face it. Most American’s don’t understand how interest works. (WANNA LEARN? CLICK HERE) Learning how credit works, frankly, isn’t stressed enough in our lives. If it was illustrated and taught as is SHOULD be our financial system in the US would crumble due to no one accepting horrible terms on that line of credit. I KNOW…I KNOW. That may be an overestimation. (Maybe not.)
Surely our elected leaders, the best among us would not let our country be based on money we OWE SOMEONE ELSE…
Yeah they would-and have-and its bad for us all. (SEE!) Our country is being slowly owned by our lenders. The Christian Bible says the “Borrower is slave to the lender.” Well, get used to the shackles everybody, because your share of our nations debt comes to (CLICK HERE TO SEE). I think that is over our collective credit limit. Maybe they will take a check????