Why I love Fark.com
Fark.com is…well, I will let them describe themselves.
The first thing you should know is that Fark.com isn’t a Weblog. Fark.com, the Web site, is a news aggregator and an edited social networking news site. Every day Fark receives 2,000 or so news submissions from its readership, from which we hand-pick the funny and weird notable news — and not-news — of the day.
Fark takes actual news stories and creates a witty link title and posts them on the site. I am a FAN of the people or person that comes up with these link titles. Some are as funny as you can be in 10 words or less. Here are some samples:
- Virus leaked social security numbers of unemployed, offering identity thieves chance to get turned down for credit
- Jason Giambi hits three home runs and becomes second-oldest player to hit three home runs in one game in MLB history. Best use of wood by a middle-aged man since Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Gene fights cancer, but also causes cancer. What the hell is your problem, Gene?
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn granted $1 million bail and will be confined to home detention. No word yet on whether he will have maid service
- Carnival worker falls to his death from Ferris wheel. If you can guess how much he weighs, you win a teddy bear
- FBI recovers stolen rare Ferrari F50, kept it for an “ongoing investigation” then took it for a “short ride” and wrecked it. Now they refuse to pay for damages. Ta Da
- Fox News takes a fair and balanced look at whether freedom-loving ‘mericans should be forced to send untold billions of Freedom Dollars to mooslem ter’rist countries
- Some people write extensive resumes, and some people write this
I hope this makes your day a little better.
Quote of the day
Me: “I wish I was Richard Branson.”
Wife: “Me too.”
Get your Freud on in the comments and interpret that. No really, do it.
The future is a vast and ever changing cloud of possibility. Now that the kid is in the mix…that cloud is much bigger with 10000 more possibilities. UGHHH…lets assume that my new kid-to-be is free of all diseases, forms of chromozone abnormalities, and all the billions of things that could go wrong with a pregnancy and appears … normal. YAHOO!
What if he is a bad kid…the ones that cry just to cry on airplanes, the ones that give teachers ulcers, the kind that make you not want kids in the 1st place. OMG that would be a nightmare!!! Read the rest of this entry
The Funniest Thing You Have Never Read
After all TV shows’ credits there are logos and things called vanity cards that are made by production companies that we rarely pay any attention to…if we see them at all. There is one you need to see…trust me on this…YOU REALLY NEED TO READ THIS.
not what i was expecting
So, I do this search for funny pictures and I find this site (which I will not link you to) that offered a package of funny pics for sale. They posted a screen cap of the file you would receive if you paid them. Here are their “funny pics” Read the rest of this entry