Fark.com is…well, I will let them describe themselves.
The first thing you should know is that Fark.com isn’t a Weblog. Fark.com, the Web site, is a news aggregator and an edited social networking news site. Every day Fark receives 2,000 or so news submissions from its readership, from which we hand-pick the funny and weird notable news — and not-news — of the day.
Fark takes actual news stories and creates a witty link title and posts them on the site. I am a FAN of the people or person that comes up with these link titles. Some are as funny as you can be in 10 words or less. Here are some samples:
- Virus leaked social security numbers of unemployed, offering identity thieves chance to get turned down for credit
- Jason Giambi hits three home runs and becomes second-oldest player to hit three home runs in one game in MLB history. Best use of wood by a middle-aged man since Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Gene fights cancer, but also causes cancer. What the hell is your problem, Gene?
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn granted $1 million bail and will be confined to home detention. No word yet on whether he will have maid service
- Carnival worker falls to his death from Ferris wheel. If you can guess how much he weighs, you win a teddy bear
- FBI recovers stolen rare Ferrari F50, kept it for an “ongoing investigation” then took it for a “short ride” and wrecked it. Now they refuse to pay for damages. Ta Da
- Fox News takes a fair and balanced look at whether freedom-loving ‘mericans should be forced to send untold billions of Freedom Dollars to mooslem ter’rist countries
- Some people write extensive resumes, and some people write this
I hope this makes your day a little better.