Anyone got any bows, glitter, or pink tutus?
The doctor has confirmed it. We are having a girl. I will pause now for your applause. (((PAUSE)))
My wife would like to make her official statement regarding this news:
“PHEW!!! I am glad it is a girl, but a healthy boy would be ok too. WOO HOO…ITS A GIRL!”
The relief my wife now feels aside, There is one major question that is looming over me and that question is:
“Would I prefer solitary confinement or gen. pop. when I am incarcerated for what ever heinous act I commit on her “boyfriend” at some point in the future.”
I just don’t know the answer to that right now. It may be too early to decide that. I suppose that time will tell. Some other questions that are starting to become apparent are:
- What is the difference between pink and fuchsia?
- How close should I follow behind her on her 1st date so that I am not discovered?
- What is the actual definition of “assault?”
- Can a father of a daughter every really sleep at night once she turns 13?
- WHAT THE HELL DO I DO NOW?
These are a “Whitman’s Sampler” of what is bombarding my head as of last Friday. Seriously, I am anxious, nervous, and excited to be a Dad. The gender revelation was not that big of a deal as some (me included) thought it would have been.* Some of the comments from my friends, who all have girls of their own, have passed this wisdom to me:
- bought a shotgun yet?
- you are so owned, you don’t even know
- let the ballet lessons and tutus begin!
- heard it was a girl-get ready
Ok, maybe it was a big deal!
This adventure started a while ago, now we know what road it is heading down. It is pink and smells like Brittany Spears’ Perfume. It is perilous and lined with hygiene products I couldn’t possible begin to understand. The Jonas Brothers, Twilight, and “sexting” potentially around every corner.
This is definitely going to be a learning experience.
* IT WAS A BIG DEAL TO THE WIFE!
** Don’t get used to this layout.